Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Yesterday, May 2, 1990

There it was... the most lovely shade of powder blue adjutating with my father's brand new jeans in our old rickety washer... my new bra. Not just any bra, the special bra I was to wear on my wedding day.  You know the one to be the strong supportive invisible type... who would have ever thought that my "something blue" would be my brazier? I thought this might be a bad omen, I had a choice, break down panic, throw a tantrum, and go the whole bridezilla route or, I could laugh wear it anyway and have a killer story for the grandchildren. Let's just say it didn't matter my garter was blue.

We were best friends...High school sweethearts, so much ahead of our young nineteen years. The day was breezy and beautiful we were engulfed in Spring the wind  brought scents of lilac and blooming tree blossoms. Soft petals danced by our feet on the temple grounds as if to celebrate the day that shared my grandmother's birth and a marked day of wedded bliss.

As I smiled into the sun I felt the warmth of families, friends, my husband, and God being forever captured in photos like a time stamp on history.  More guests attended they just aren't seen... found more in laughter, and gleaming eyes.  I know it sounds strange but I felt my unborn children cheering for us that day. Life was handed to me by the grace of  God. I basked in everything I had ever dreamed of... my happily ever after.
I felt like I won the game of life at nineteen ... Here I was at what looked like the end, I read  I my scriptures, gone to church. I struggled and prepared hard to reach my goal. And Viola.... Goal achieved...
Darlin, Why on God's glorious green earth didn't you ever make a new goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment