Monday, July 14, 2014

Time

Today, July 14, 2014

Just in awe of human stubbornness and set ways... the natural fight or flight instincts in our genetic makeup leave little room for open minds, and clean hearts.  Forgiveness is such a freeing feeling of weightless burden or guilt, yet a lot of us choose to stay in misery because we were victimized, or better yet we were right.  I saw my cousin this weekend, one whom had fallen from our family tree of nuts and swore us crazies off for twenty years.  Twenty years of missed photos, weddings, funerals, reunions, and parties. Now don't get me wrong it was like time had stood still and we were back to the old family, just my kids are grown and I now have a grand child... almost two to share with him.  I miss those twenty years.

Time is a funny thing that we made up to keep track of each other.  Time to meet, time to work, time to play... can't wait until 5:00 then it's time to go home.  But time isn't made up when the grains of sand slip through the hour glass into days and we wonder where it went... that's when we wish for more and it is gone just as easily as it came.  Life seems to to distract us into an array of years of excuses.  I have done this too with friendships, let them go, let them slip because of life and where it takes me.  I am grateful for clean slates and new beginnings even though the past is slipped away, the future awaits to sift through my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment